Free LightWeight PHP Editor

August 30th, 2010 by aditia rahman / 8 Comments

My favorite editor sometimes give me a bit motivation to finishing the project, when finishing a project, maybe I could would say, “wow I only use this editor to finish this great project”, event though my current favorite editor is Netbeans, in this post I only talking some lightweight PHP editor, not the full IDE, and maybe this is useful for you who still use the very old PC, about two year ago I’m still using them too, they are bluefish and geany.

01. BlueFish

Operating System: Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris, and Windows.

02. Jedit

Operating System: Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

03. Geany

Operating System: Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows.

04. Notepad++

Operating System: Windows

05. IntType

Operating System: Windows

06. CodeLobster

Operating System: Windows.

07. RoadSend

Operating System: Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, and Windows.

08. ConTEXT

Operating System: Windows.

09. Programmer Notepad

Operating System: Windows.

10. DevPHP

Operating System: Windows.

submit to reddit Delicious

8 Comments Leave a Comment Subscribe RSS

• Bill says:

One i’m using right now is phpStorm – it’s kinda cool, fun to use, extensive and blows by IDE’s like NetBeans as well (for the php functionality that is).

Good list though!

• moocr says:

I use eclipse, for java, php.

you support us a good list!

• Miki says:

e – texteditor is cool, and it’s support the codeigniter textmate bundle and much more !!!!!!!

• Jeff Dickey says:

Guys, Eclipse and phpStorm (which is Java-based and apparently a variant of Eclipse) are NOT what anyone would call “lightweight” PHP editors!

phpStorm’s Web site made a big deal about PHPUnit support, which is the one and only real weak spot I’ve encountered in Komodo IDE (what I’m using now). Half an hour of poking at it convinced me that it really is Eclipse, with all the performance and usability constraints that implies.

To the next guy who stumbles on this page: You Have Been Warned.

• Beben Koben says:

bos ada php editor plus bisa liat efek hasilnya nggak!!!
    kan kalo javascript mah ada tuh dengan jQuery? kalo buat php ada nggak yah???

• vince says:

speaking of lightweight.. i’ve been using Arisesoft Winsyntax 2.0, it’s less than 400kb..

if you’ve got lower than that.. i’d switch.. :P

• Umer says:

why GVIM editor is not here ?